Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Agency Website Made Entirely In Youtube: Oh, the Possibilities...

I thought I'd seen it all. Agencies are getting more and creative each day in terms of web design. It's tough to say whether or not these changes are good or bad. The question starts to come into play: Design/Style or Content/Simplicity?

Below I embedded a Youtube video. What's weird about the video? It is literally a company's website. The company, Boone Oakley, has created an animated, interactive Youtube video outlining who they are, what they do, and the success they've had in the industry. It's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Plus, anyone can embed the video from Youtube - the message could be spread anywhere.

I encourage you to watch the video (full screen on Youtube if you can) and play around with the links. Each one creates a mini Youtube story that provides a lot of information on the company. Let me know what you think. Too much style, not enough substance? Or would you want to work with a company so fresh and so innovative?

No comments:

Post a Comment